Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > 2010 pt cruiser computer replacement
2010 pt cruiser computer replacement

2368 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2014-09-14 19:13:28

•   Level 4   
    (138) points
    erichurd
    2014-09-11 18:38:43
     I am going to replace the computer on a 2010 pt cruiser with a used one and I need to know what needs to be done as far as vin # and security system key fobs etc. and can this be done using my maxisys 908 pro and if so what steps I should take any advice is appreciated  thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-09-12 10:16:26 (Reply to:erichurd)

I have a procedure here on how to do it, look in the usa section or use the search
    function and follow the procedure to the teeth and you will not have any problem. also
    make 100% sure the pcm your using is for that car and make sure if is turbo get the
    Same one or your speedometer won't work good luck.

•   Level 4   
    (138) points
    erichurd
    2014-09-14 19:13:28 (Reply to:ede65)
     thanks again ede65 turns out we didn't need to replace the computer after, all the low speed on the radiator fan was staying on all the time even with the key off, my tech misdiagnosed it as a faulty computer and after a little further research we figured out this vehicle has a TIPM--totally integrated power module--(fuse box with a built in module) and it seemed to have a faulty connection- or faulty circuit board--we checked all the wiring to and from it and all the connectors at the tipm - reconnected everything with dielectric grease and so far so good, I still have not found the procedure you mentioned but when I do ill save it , thanks again
  Total1 Pages